Southern Steam

Mountain Class

 After WWI Southern needed heavy mainline power. The 4-8-2 was their answer from Baldwin in 1917. The first T class mountains were numbers: Southern 1450-1472, CNO&TP 840-854 (renumbered 6490-6494), and AGS 280-281 (renumbered 6690-6691), then again to 6695-6696.

   In 1919 USRA 4-8-2ís from Baldwin class Ts-1 arrived, numbers: Southern 1475-1499, CNO&TP 6495-6499, and AGS 6692-6694.

   These locomotives were Southernís mainline passenger power on the Washington- Atlanta, Bristol-Memphis, Atlanta-Birmingham, all Asheville Division Trains and Spencer-Columbia. By 1928 the mountain class engines had been replaced on fast mainline runs by the newer Ps-4 Pacificís. The mountains however remained on the secondary trains and Ashville Division until the diesels arrived after WWII.

   Our Florida Trains were pulled by these engines as far south as Macon Georgia, then replaced by smaller Pacificís or Ten Wheelers for the lighter rail and flat south Georgia terrain of the GS&F. These engines ran into Jacksonville via ACL trackage rights on joint Kansas City Florida Special (via Sou-Macon, Jesup ACL Jax) Skyland (via Sou -Columbia, Hardeeville ACL- Savannah, Jesup, Jacksonville) which used Pacificís.

    As with all Southern Steam Passenger Locomotives these engines wore the Green Paint Scheme. All retired between 1951/1953.

Our example is an out of the box Spectrum:

Click on Photos to Enlarge


Mikado Class

In 1911 Baldwin delivered Southernís first Class Ms 2-8-2 Mikado numbered: SOU 4501-4533. In 1912-1914 Baldwin built numbers: 4534-4603. In 1914 Alco built numbers: 4604-4623. Baldwin built ex V&SW Rwy 101-110 in 1911-1913, SOU renumbered as 4624-4633. In 1914 Alco built numbers 4634 & 4635, ex-V&SW 111-112.  1911-1913 Baldwin built CNO&TP 6250-6284.  1913 Baldwin built AGS 6600-6604, 1914 Alco built AGS #6605, 1917 Lima built AGS #6606-6611.

    In 1918-1923 the USRA class Ms1 Light Mikado was built by Alco as numbers: SOU 4750-4774, CNO&TP 6285-6319, AGS 6612-6621. It is this engine that we recognize as they were used in the Columbia, Savannah, Jacksonville service via ACL trackage rights between Hardeeville SC to Jacksonville.

   The Ms2 class was an experimental engine using the Ms class engine with an auxiliary powered tender between 1915-1924, they were numbers 4535-4539, and 4561 & 4576.

   In 1914 the NO&NE class Ms3 were built by Baldwin. Renumbered from 500-504 to 6910-6914, and then to 6940-6944 after joining the Southern.

    In 1923-1928 the Ms4 class Heavy Mikadoís were built by Alco and Baldwin for Southern numbered: 4800-4884 by Alco, and #4885-4914 by Baldwin. CNO&TP 6320-6337 built by Alco, along with AGS 6622-6629. These locomotives became Southernís primary Mainline freight Power.

   The Ms5 was rebuilt in 1928 from 2-10-2 #5234 built by Brooks in 1918. Rebuilt as #4998 it was used in freight and passenger service. The Ms6 were also rebuilt 2-10-2ís built by brooks in 1918. These engines were rebuilt between 1929-1931 as #4995-4997, & 4999 and were used for freight service.

   The Ms7 class was acquired for the Erie in 1942. These locomotives had Vanderbilt Tenders and were built in 1911-1913. AGS numbered these engines: 6630-6636.  The 6630,6632-6634 were built by Baldwin between 1911-1913, # 6631& 6636 were built by Alco in 1912&13, and #6635 was built by Lima in 1913.

   The Ms class was retired between 1939-1952 with the majority being from 49-52.  The 4501 was sold to the Kentucky and Tennessee in 1948, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum acquired the engine which started Southernís famous steam excursion program. 4501 is currently on static display in Chattanoogaís TVRM Museum. The Ms1 class was retired between 1949-1953. (The Ms2 class was back to the Ms1 class after 1924 having regular tenders reapplied.) The Ms3 class was retired between 1946-1947. The Ms4 class was retired between 1950-1954. The Ms5 & Ms6 were retired in 1952. The Ms7 class was retired between 1949-1952.

  Our example of the USRA Light Mikado is A Customized Power House:

Click on Photos to Enlarge


Consolidation

The Consolidation 2-8-0 was the workhorse of the Southern and itís subsidiaries. These locomotives were very suitable for light-rail mainlines, branchlines, and yard service. Their numbers and variations were large and for this reason we will follow the Georgia Florida & Southern (GS&F), a subsidiary of the Southern that entered Jacksonville form Macon GA.

   The GS&F had the Ks and Ks1 class, which were used for mainline freight and mixed service. The Ks was built by Baldwin in 1910, their original numbers were 400-408, later renumber to 8330-8338. The Ks1 class was built in by Alco in 1912 numbered: 409-414, later renumber to 8339-8344.  The Ks & Ks1 all retired between 1951-52.

   The main passenger engine for the GS&F was the ďTen WheelerĒ, but many Southern Light Pacificís did the honors.  The first in this class was the Fs11 4-6-0 built by Baldwin in 1906-1907 numbers: 160-163 renumbered 8230-8233 all retired between 1929-1942. Followed by the Fs17 built by Baldwin between 1914-1915 numbers: 175-182 renumbered 8250-8257.all retired between 1947-1949. The third in this class was the Es20 built by Alco and Baldwin between 1900-1904, these engines were used in freight service. The Alco built were numbers 135-138 renumbered 8300-8303 retired between 1928-1939, The Baldwinís were numbers 139&140 renumbered 8304&8305 retired in 1939&1929 respectively.

   The switching power for the GS&F was the 0-6-0 class A7. In 1910 Baldwin built numbers 200&201 renumbered 8370&8371, and in 1912 Alco built numbers: 202-205 renumbered 8372-8375. These engines were retired between 1948&1952.

   The St. Johns River Terminal was a Subsidiary of the Southern/GS&F in Jacksonville that performed all switching duties. Their motive power was the 0-6-0 A4 & A7class. In 1908 Baldwin built A4 #2 renumbered 8550, sold in 1941. 1909 Baldwin built A4#3 renumbered 8551, sold in 1947. Also in 1909 Baldwin built A7 class #4 renumbered 8555, scrapped in 1953. The last of the A7 class was built by Lima in 1912 as #5 renumbered 8556, retired in 1953.

    Our example of the Consolidation class is a custom painted Spectrum:

Click on Photos to Enlarge


Southern Diesels

SOUTHERN E UNITS

    Southern Received 3 E6ís in 1941 numbers; 2800-2802 for the new Southerner, also that same year received 4 sets of A-B E6ís numbers; 2900-2903A, and 2950-2953B for the Tennessean and Crescent. These units were delivered in the famous Green with Imitation Aluminum (Light Gray) many refer to as the Pelican scheme with the Aluminum trim on the roof. This first scheme was replaced in 1949 by painting the roof green and having the lower band of Aluminum widened. These units were upgraded to E8ís and after 1958 green began being replaced by black on all units. All E6ís were retired by 1968.

    E7Aís began to arrive in 1946 with the ďPelicanĒ scheme applied, numbers; 2905-2916. In 1949 A units 2917-2922 arrived with the new scheme. These units were upgraded to E8ís and in 1958 the green began being replaced by black. All E7ís were retired by 1973.

     E8Aís began to arrive in 1951 (CNO&TP) numbers; 2923-2929. In 1953 (NO&NE) units; 6906-6915 arrived. After 1958 these units were also painted black. In 1972 units 2923-2929 were renumbered 6900-6905, & 6916, also all 17 E8ís were repainted back to Green for Southern Crescent service. Southern joined Amtrak on February 1st 1979 making the end of the E8ís near. All units sold by 1979 after use by Amtrak. #6900 was donated to Spencer NC Transportation Museum, #6901 was donated to Southestern Railway Museum outside Atlanta GA and used by the New Georgia Railroad, returned  and repainted after a C of G look- alike paint job was applied. #6906 & 6910 were scrapped on site after wreck in 1978, and #6914 is at TVRM after being used in New Jersey Commuter service.

Our example of an E7 is an out of the box Proto 2000:

 

Our example of an E8 is an out of the box Proto 2000:

Click on Photos to Enlarge

 


SOUTHERN F UNITS

FTís

     The Southern Railway was second only to Santa Fe in the number of F units owned. Dieselization of freight service began in 1941 with the arrival of six FTís from EMD. The FTís and Freight F3ís were painted Black with Imitation Aluminum stripes, all units repainted Green after1949. Southern FTís had couplers instead of drawbars for separate unit operation. In the early 1950ís Spencer Shops rebuilt eleven units and were upgraded to F7ís, the cost was to high and by 1959 all FTís were out of service, many were trade-ins for SD24ís.  A few FTBís  had been rebuilt into steam cars and radio control cars FTA #6100 is on display at the St Louis Transportation Museum. 

The first units were for the CNO&TP;

 FTAís number 6100-6105, FTBís #6150-6155 built in 1941.

 Southern FTAís were number 4100-4127, FTBís 4300-4319 built between 1943-45. NO&NE FTAís were 6800-6803, FTBís 6825-6828 built in 1942.

F2ís

    In 1945 A&EC received F2aís #400 & 401. AGS received #6700 & 6701 in 1946 equipped with steam generators for passenger service. 6701 was rebuilt to F7 standard, retired and traded in 1972 for a GP38-2.

F3ís

    The F3 played an important role in both freight and passenger service. The F3ís with steam generators were originally painted in the White and Green (Pelican) scheme until 1950 when simplified to the Green and Light Gray. The freight remained black until the arrival of the F7ís in 1949 when all units received the Green and Light Gray from that time on until 1958 when black returned.

Southern F3A numbers 4128-4200 arrived between 1946 thru 1949. Units 4130-4135, 4138-4140, 4144, & 4145 all equipped with steam generators.

Southern F3B numbers 4320-4384 all arrived between 1946-47. Units 4341-4352 all equipped with steam generators.

CNO&TP F3A numbers 6106-6113 arrived in 1947.

CNO&TP F3B numbers 6156-6159 arrived in 1947.

AGS F3A numbers 6702-6713 arrived between 1946-47. Units 6704-6708 all equipped with steam generators.

AGS F3B numbers 6750-6755 arrived between 1946-47.

NO&NE F3A numbers 6804-6806 arrived in 1947.

NO&NE F3B number 6829 arrived in 1947.

   Most all F3ís were rebuilt to F7 standards. The F3Aís were retired between 1969-1973, the F3Bís were retired by 1968.

F7ís

    The F7ís started to arrive in mid 1949, with them came the new standard Green and Light Gray paint scheme for all Southern units both freight and passenger, road and yard.  

Southern F7A numbers 4207-4269

Southern F7B numbers 4385-4429

CNO&TP F7A numbers 6114-6120 Unit 6119 equipped with steam generator.

CNO&TP F7B numbers 6160-6183 Units 6174, 6178, 6180, & 6182 equipped with steam generators.

AGS F7A numbers 6714-6719 Units 6715, & 6718 equipped with steam generators.

AGS F7B numbers 6756-6758

   The F7Aís were retired between 1969 thru 1974, all F7Bís were retired in 1969.

FP7ís

    The FP7ís arrived in 1950, all equipped with steam generators and used in both freight and passenger service. Delivered in Green and changed to Black beginning in 1958. CNO&TP numbers 6130-6149.

    All units retired in 1979 except 6138, 6141, 6143, & 6147 remained for special trains and repainted Green, with #6133 donated to the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer NC.  The 6138 & 6141 are now in Dinner Train service in Kentucky, numbers 6143 & 6147 are in Stone Mountain service GA after service for the New Georgia Railroad ended.

F3A and F3B

Our example is a Stewart Models.

Click on Photos to Enlarge

F7A and F7B

Our example is a Custom Athearn.

FP7A

Our Example is a Custom Painted Atlas.

Click on Photos to Enlarge


SOUTHERN PASSENGER ALCOís

DL109

     In February of 1941 Southern and the CNO&TP received 3 A-B sets of the DL109A and DL110B. SOU units were #2904A & 2954B, and the CNO&TP units were #6400-6401A and 6425-6426B. These units were placed in service on the Ponce De Leon between Cincinnati and Chattanooga. Delivered in the ďPelican SchemeĒ they were later changed to the Standard Green & Light Gray. The DL110b were the only B units built by Alco. All three sets were traded back to Alco in 1953 for the new PA3ís.

PA3

     In 1953 NO&NE received six PA3ís # 6900-6905. These units were placed in service on the Bristol line and maintained in Chattanooga. In the late 1950ís they were reassigned to the Ponce De Leon between Atlanta and Jacksonville were they remained until retired in the early 60ís.

Our example of the PA3 is a custom Athearn:

Click on Photos to Enlarge


SOUTHERN ROADSWITCHERS

Alco

    The Southernís first roadswitchers were from Alco. The RS2 arrived in 1949 followed by the RS3 in 1951. EMD and Fairbanks Morse also began delivery of the GP7 and  H 16-44 in 1951. A single RS1 and RS11 were also rostered by subsidiary lines.

RS1 number 500 was built in 1951 for the A&EC. Renumbered to #405 and retired in 1972.

RS2 numbers 1-4 were built for the C&NW in 1948. Off roster before 1968.

RS2 numbers 2101-2130 were built for the Southern in 1949. Off roster by 1968.

RS2 numbers 6206-6207 were built for CNO&TP in 1949. Off roster by 1968.

RS3 numbers 5-8 were built in 1950 for C&NW and  # 9&10 were built in 1951.  All retired by 1974.

RS3 numbers 2025-2062 were built in 1952-53 for the Southern, numbers 2131-2145 were built in 1951 All units retired in 1976.

RS3 numbers 6208-6239 were built in 1952 for CNO&TP. All units retired before or by 1976.

RS3 numbers 6875-6882 were built in 1950 for NO&NE.  All units retired before or by 1974.

RS11 number 11 was built for the C&NW in 1956. Retired in 1973.

Our example of the RS3 is an out of the box Atlas:

Click on Photos to Enlarge

Our example of the Black RS3 is an out of the box Athearn:

Click on Photos to Enlarge

EMD

GP7 number 501 was built in 1951 for the A&EC.  Renumbered 8230, retired in 1980.

GP7 numbers 2063-2077 was built in 1953 for the Southern, renumbered 8238-8250, numbers 2156-2197 was built in 1951, renumbered 8251-8288. All 1951 units had steam generators. Units 2156 & 2157, 2159-2161, & 2163-2164 had Dynamic Brakes. All units retired between 1979-81. # 2075 retired in1969.

GP7 numbers 6200-6205 was built in 1950 for the CNO&TP, #6240-6244 was built in 1953. Numbers 6202-6205 & 6240-6244 renumbered 8289-8297. All units had steam generators. All units retired between 1977- 1981. # 6200&6201 retired 1970.

GP7 numbers 6540-6544 were built in 1950 for the AGS. Units 6540 & 6541 renumbered 8298 & 8299, and unit 6543 to 8300. All units had steam generators. Units 6542 & 6543 had Dynamic Brakes. All units retired between 1980-81.

GP7 numbers 8210-8213 was built in 1950 for the GS&F.  All units had steam generators, units 8211 & 8213 had Dynamic Brakes. All retired in 1981.

GP9ís arrived in 1955 with Southern Units numbers 2500 & 2501. These units were renumbered 6252 & 6253. Rebuilt by Southern with dynamic brakes, 6253 was retired in 1979, the 6252 was retired in 1982.

GP9 numbers 6245-6249 was built in 1955 for the CNO&TP. These units were rebuilt by the Southern with dynamic brakes, unit 6249 was retired in 1970 all the rest were retired between 1979-1982.

GP9 numbers 6898 & 6899 was built in 1956 for the NO&NE. These units were renumbered 6254 & 6255. Rebuilt by Southern with dynamic brakes, 6254 was retired in 1982, the 6255 was retired in 1979.

GP9 numbers 8214 & 8215 was built in 1955 for the GS&F. These units were renumbered 6256 & 6257. Rebuilt by Southern with dynamic brakes and retired in 1982.

GP9 numbers 302 & 303 was built in 1955 for the LOP&G. These units were renumbered twice, the second numbers were 298 & 299 and the final numbers were 6250 & 6251. Units were updated by the Southern with dynamic brakes and retired in 1982.    

GP18ís arrived with the merges of Norfolk Southern, TAG, & Central of Georgia. 

Our Examples of the GP9 are all custom Athearn:

Click on Photos to Enlarge


 

Fairbanks Morse

Southern also owned the Baby Train Master H-16-44. Built in 1951 units 2146-2155 and 6545-6550 built in 1950 for the CNO&TP. The Train Master H 24-66 numbers 6300-6304 was built in 1955 for the CNO&TP.  FM units ran in Cincinnati Ohio, Louisville Kentucky, Chattanooga Tennessee & St Louis Missouri service. None of these units are known to have run to Florida.

Our Example of a H-16-44 is a Spectrum.

Click on Photos to Enlarge


SOUTHERN SWITCHERS

ALCO

    Alco switcherís were never a major player for the Southern, but they did own a few when dieselization of yard engines started in 1940. They later tried again when the S2 and S4 models came out along with a few Baldwin units. EMD proved to be the better suited locomotives for the job. The S1 models saw light yard work and mostly branch-lineís system wide. The South Georgia and Florida Lines in and around Perry Florida were no exception.

                                                                   S1

   In 1940 Southern received S1 units 2000, 2001, & 2006

   1941 the CNO&TP received S1ís #6000 & 6001

    AGS #6500 & 6501

   All units retired by 1969                                                                  

                                                                   S2      

    In 1944 Southern received S2ís # 2208-2232

    CNO&TP received units #6057-6059

    All units retired between 1969-1972

                                                                   S4

    In 1951 CNO&TP received S4ís #6074-6075

    All units retired in 1972

Our example of the S1 in a Proto 2000

Click on Photos to Enlarge

BALDWIN

     Baldwin Locomotive also furnished switchers for the Southern with a VO660  #2005 and a VO1000 #2205 in 1941. The DS 4-4-1000 arrived in1948 with numbers 2285-2289, and in 1952 the S12 arrived #2290-2299. No other Baldwin units were ordered by Southern. VO1000 # 2205 was re-engined with a EMD567. All units retired by late 1960ís

EMD SWITCHERS

     In 1940 Southernís first EMD yard switchers arrived. The SW1& NW2  were delivered in the solid black scheme as did all switchers until the standard green scheme in 1949. In the late 1950ís black was once again applied with the light gray bottom stripe.

SW1

Southern SW1 numbers; 2002-2004 built in 1940 renumbered 1008-1010 retired by 1977.

SOU # 2007-2011 built in 1947 renumbered 2007-08 to 1011-1012, 2010-2011 to 1013-1014 retired by 1979.

St Johns River Terminal (St.JRT) built in 1940 number 8565 rebuilt in 1956 to SW1M #1087 retired in 1977.

A&EC #404 built in 1947 renumbered #1007 retired after 1982.

 

NW2

Southern NW2 numbers; 2200-2204 built in 1940 renumbered 1018-1022 retired in 1977.

SOU # 2206-2207 built in 1941 renumbered 1023-1024.

SOU # 2233-2284 built in 1946 renumbered 1025-1075 retired between 1977 through 1980.

CNO&TP 6050-6056 built between 1941-42, renumbered 1076-1082 retired between 1977-1980.

NO&NE 6850-6851 built in 1941 renumbered 1084-1085 retired in 1977.

St Johns River Terminal (StJRT) 8560 built in 1940 renumbered 1086 retired 1977.

 

NW5

Southern NW5 number 2100 built in 1947 used in New Orleans retired in 1979.

 

TR2

Southern TR2A numbers; 2400-2404 built in 1947 renumbered 1088-1092 retired 1982.

Southern TR2B numbers; 2450-2454 built in 1947 renumbered 1093-1097 retired between 1979-80.

 

SW7

CNO&TP numbers; 6060-6073 built in 1950, renumbered 1102-1115 retired after 1982.

AGS #6505-6509 built in 1950, renumbered 1116-1120 retired after 1982.

NO&NE #6852-6863 built between 1949-50, renumbered 1121-1132 retired after 1982.

GS&F #8200-8203 built in 1950, renumbered 2285-2288, and again to; 1098-1101 retired in 1982.

 

Our example of the SW7 is a custom Athearn

Click on Photos to Enlarge


 

SOUTHERN SECOND GENERATION DIESELS

Road Switchers

 

     Southern entered the second generation primarily with all EMD units followed later by GE. We cover new Central of Georgia units only after the merge with Southern in 1963.

 

EMD

SD24ís were purchased in 1959 for fast freight service soon used system wide. These units were the first new locomotives to be painted in the black ďTuxedo ď standard.

SOU 2502-2524 renumbered 6300-6304, 6326-6343 all retired in 1978.

CNO&TP 6305-6325 built in 1960, retired in 1978.

NO&NE 6344-6347 built in 1959, retired in 1978 and had been relettered for AGS in 1970.

Our example of the SD24 is an Atlas Silver Series

Click on Photos to Enlarge


 

 

GP30ís were bought in 1962/63 for general freight service.

SOU 2525-2629 last units retired by mid 1990ís.

CNO&TP 2630-2634, 2641-2644 retired by mid 1990ís.

AGS 2635-2640 retired by mid 1990ís.

 

GP35ís were bought in 1965 and rode on Alco AAR-B trucks.

SOU 2645-2703 last units retired by mid 1990ís.

S&A 2705-2715 built 1964/65 retired by mid 1990ís.


 

GP38ís first units were purchased in 1969.

AGS 2717-2722, 2804-2818 built 1970.

GS&F 2723-2727, 2819-2822 built 1970.

CNO&TP 2728-2742

C&NW 2743-2744

SOU 2745-2777, 2778-2803 built 1970

TAG #80 to 2879

Some units are still in service for NS.

 

GP38AC built in 1971.

SOU 2823-2836, 2851-2870.

AGS 2837-2840

GS&F 2841-2844

CG 2845-2850

CNO&TP 2871-2876

INT 2877

CRN 2878

Some units are still in service for NS.

 

GP38-2 built between 1972-1979

SOU 5000-5027, 5055-5095, 5104-5123, 5139-5148, 5161-5192, 5202-5222, 5232-5234, 5240-5246.

CNO&TP 5028-5034, 5226-5227, 5235-5238, 5247-5254.

AGS 5035-5041, 5149-5152, 5159-5160, 5198-5200, 5228-5230.

CG 5042-5048, 5101-5103, 5132-5138, 5153-5158, 5193-5197, 5223-5225.

GS&F 5049-5052, 5096-5100, 5124-5131, 5201, 5231.

INT 5053

NS 5054, 5239, 5255, 5256.

Some units are still in service for NS.


 

GP39X built in 1980

SOU 4600-4602

CNO&TP 4603-4604

NS 4605

Units rebuilt to GP 49ís in 1982.

Some units are still in service for NS.

 

GP40X built in 1978

SOU 7000-7002

Units still in service for NS.

 

GP50ís built in 1980

SOU 7003-7038, 7080-7092.

CNO&TP 7039-7069, 7076-7079

NS 7070-7072

GN 7073

GS&F 7074-7075

Some units are still in service for NS.


 

SD35ís built between 1965/66

SOU 3000-3099

GG 215-224 renumbered 2990, 2929-2999

All retired by mid 1980ís

Our example of the SD35 is an out of the box Atlas

Click on Photos to Enlarge

SD40ís built between 1971/72

SOU 3170-3174, 3186-3190

CNO&TP 3175-3179, 3200

AGS 3180-3182, 3191-3195

GS&F 3183, 3196-3197

CG 3184-3185, 3198-3199

Some units are still in service for NS.

 

SD40-2 built between 1972/79

SOU 3201-3208, 3217-3230, 3241-3285, 3293, 3303-3312.

AGS 3209-3211, 3299-3302, 3313-3315.

GS&F 3212-3213

CG 3214-3215, 3286-3292, 3294-3298, 3316-3325.

CNO&TP 3216, 3231-3240.

INT 3326-3327

NS 3328 

Some units are still in service for NS.

 

SD45ís first units built in 1967

SOU 3105-3159, 3160-3167 built in 1970.

CNO&TP 3100-3104, 3168-3169 all built in 1970.

All retired by mid 1980ís.

Our Example of the SD45 is a Out of the Box Athearn:

 

 


 

GE

 

U30Cís built in 1967

SOU 3100-3104, renumbered 3800-3804

All units retired in 1982

 

U33Cís built in 1970 and 1972

SOU 3805-3814

All retired by mid 1980.

 


U23Bís built between 1972/77,  units before 1975 rode AAR trucks after 1975 used GE FB2

SOU 3900-3904, 3915-3927, 3935-3948, 3955-3964.

NS 3905

CG 3906-3910, 3931-3934, 3951-3954, 3965-3967.

GS&F 3911-3913, 3969

INT 3914

AGS 3928-3930, 3949-3950, 3968

Units retired by mid 1990ís.

 

B23-7ís built between 1978-81

SOU 3970-3977, 3980-3982, 3990-3998, 4000-4011.

CG 3978-3979, 3986-3989.

AGS 3983-3985

NS 3999, 4023

CNO&TP 4012-4022

Some units are still in service for NS

 

B30-7A1 built in 1982

SOU 3500-3521

Some units are still in service for NS

 

  

B36-7ís built in 1981

SOU 3815-3820

Some units are still in service for NS

 


Yard Switchers

 

SW9 ex CG 1733 was renumbered to #1142 with a special paint job and placed in Savannah for ďRiver Street RamblerĒ service in 1977. The engine was complete with Dixie Land Jazz Music playing as it ran down River Street. Retired in 1983 and replaced by SW1500 2311 also painted ďRiver Street RamblerĒ.

 

SW1500 built between 1968/70.

SOU 2300-2329 (1968). Unit 2311 Painted for ďRiver Street  RamblerĒ service in 1983.

SRTA 2330 (1969). Relettered for INT in 1970.

INT 2331 (1969).

NOT 2332-2335 (1969).

CT 2336 (1969). Relettered for CNO&TP in 1970.

CNO&TP 2337 (1969).

NS 2338-2339 (1970). Both units relettered for C&NW in 1970.

CG 2340-2347 (1970).

SOU 67-83 acquired from K&IT in 1982. Built between 1966-74.

All units to NS and many are still in service.

 

 MP15DC built between 1977/82.

SOU 2348-2366 (1977).

CG 2367-2370 (1977).

GS&F 2371 (1977).

AGS 2372-2373 (1977).

SOU 2374-2382 (1979).

CNO&TP 2383-2391 (1979).

NS 2392-2393 (1979). Both units relettered for CRN 1984.

SOU 2394-2432 (1982).

CG 2433 (1982).

GS&F 2434-2435. (1982).

All units to NS and many are still in service.

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

    

Click on Photos to Enlarge


 

Home Up